POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another isosurface landscape : Another isosurface landscape Server Time
12 Aug 2024 07:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Another isosurface landscape
From: Nathan O'Brien
Date: 1 Oct 2003 04:43:50
Message: <3f7a93c6@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

another isosurface landscape. I've tried to incorporate comments made about
my last landscape. There has been a lot more work done on the lighting and
image contrast, however I still needed to correct the image levels in
photoshop. There were also some minor touchups done. This render did not use
radiosity but the multiple lights, sky sphere, method with a combination of
shadow and non shadow casting light sources with attenuation.

There texture is still a simple slope texture but the colours are much more
monochromatic. This isosurface is also a lot more complex than the previous
one used. There are 684 indiviudal isosurface blocks. Each one optimised for
their container, gradient and accuracy. I've finished writing a batch
process, using INI files and a Perl script, to multi pass render each
individual isosurface to calculate the optimum gradient and container size.
This takes a little time but it runs complete overnight and it only has to
be done the once for any scene.

This image took 8 hrs, 17min to render.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: